Kimonos are the must-have wardrobe staple that elevates and completes every look. Besides looking great no matter the body type, a kimono will always win great points for its versatility.
A kimono can be dressed up for a sophisticated look or dressed down for a casual or relaxed look. And there is absolutely nothing a kimono can not be paired with.
Here are our top 5 ways to style your Abebibytan kimono;
1. Wear over a tank top and denim: This is one of the easiest ways to pull off a kimono look, and we swear by our YENI Kimono. This look can be styled casually – add your crocs, slides, or sneakers even.
2. Wear with a dress: We suggest a little black dress, a.k.a an LBD! You can pull off an easy breezy look when you pair your dress with the AYINKE Kimono, which comes in bold prints and vibrant colours. The dress and kimono combo work for just about any occasion. Whether you’re heading to a dinner date, the office, or an evening out with friends. Take it a step further by pairing it with pumps, a bold lip, and voila! Your beautiful and confident self is made with minimal effort.
3. Wear with swimwear: Whether vacationing in Mykonos or having a beach day with family in Lagos, pairing the LAYO Kimono with your bikini covers you up and gives you the perfect fun beach look. Add a hat, sunglasses, and beach sandals to complete your look. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
4. Wear with a Jumpsuit: Jumpsuits are an effortless way to immediately look dressed. You get the perfect rich auntie vibe by layering your jumpsuit with the ADE Kimono. This statement-making look works for a more upscale event, meetings or drinks with friends after.
5. Wear alone: Nothing screams power and influence like the fitted AYINKE Kimono. It’s a wardrobe staple we recommend for every woman. It gives you that power move that makes you feel like a boss the moment you put it on (and if you can own your look, you can own your day).
Pro tip: Wear a belt around your kimono if you need a waist structure to hold everything together.